In this article we will see how we can block the signals of the button, blocking signals means stopping the button to do his assigned task. It is used to make a button deactive.
In order to do this we will use
blockSignals method which belongs to
Syntax : button.blockSignals(True)
Argument : It takes bool as argument.
Action performed: It blocks the signal of button.
When this button will be clicked nothing will happen.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Getting Signals Block state
- PyQt5 – Set and access description of push button
- PyQt5 – Add image icon on a Push button
- PyQt5 – How to change the text of existing push button ?
- PyQt5 – Change size of Push Button
- PyQt5 – Hide push button on click
- PyQt5 – Change color of Push Button
- PyQt5 - How to create and get the name of Push Button ?
- PyQt5 – Create translucent Push Button
- PyQt5 - Create circular Push Button
- PyQt5 – How to create and get the help text of Push Button ?
- PyQt5 – Get geometry of the Push button
- PyQt5 – Adjust the size of push button according to the text
- PyQt5 – Set border to the Push button
- PyQt5 – Change the text font and size in Push button
- PyQt5 | How to create colorful border of Push Button ?
- PyQt5 | Setting visible priority to push button
- PyQt5 | How to get the text of Push Button ?
- PyQt5 | How to adjust the image inside Push Button ?
- PyQt5 | How to create capsule shaped push button ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.