Puzzle 1 : (Cryptanalysis) A detective who was mere days away from cracking an international oil smuggling ring has suddenly gone missing. While inspecting his last-known location, officers found a note: 710 57735 34 5508 51 7718. Currently, there are 3 suspects: Bill, John, and Todd. Can you break the detective’s code and find the criminal’s name.
Solution: Bill is the suspect, if read upside down the numbers read “Bill is boss. He sells oil.”
Puzzle 2 : (Bottles Problem) A shopkeeper gives a full bottle of soft drink in return for five empty bottles. A guy has 77 empty bottles and he can use them to get full soft drink bottles. How many filled bottles will he be able to collect?
Solution: The guy can get 19 filled bottles from the shopkeeper.First, he returns 75 empty bottles and gets 15 full soft drinks bottles. From these 15 bottles, he gets 3 full soft drinks bottles. Now using these 3 and earlier 2 bottles, he gets 1 full soft drink bottle.
So in total, he can get 15+3+1=19 full soft drinks bottles.
Puzzle 3 : (Dinner Time) Two girls ate dinner together. They both ordered iced tea. One girl drank them very fast and had finished five in the time it took the other to drink just one. The girl who drank one died while the other survived. All of the drinks were poisoned. How did the girl who drank the most survive?
Solution: The poison was in the ice.
Puzzle 4 : (Mystery) A man was found dead with a cassette recorder in one hand and a gun in the other. When the police came, they immediately pressed the play button on the cassette. He said, “I have nothing else to live for. I can’t go on.” Then the sound of a gunshot. After listening to the cassette tape, the police knew that it was not a suicide, but a homicide. How did they know?
Solution: If the man shot himself while he was recording, how did he rewind the cassette tape?
This article is contributed by Aditi Saini. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzles | (Age, Time and Distance, Guess the Word, Mystery)
- Puzzle | Rat and Poisonous Milk Bottles
- Puzzle | 10 identical bottles of pills
- Puzzle | Japanese Ship mystery
- Puzzle | Chemical Mystery
- Puzzles | (River Crossing, Starting Money, Earrings, Matching Pair)
- Puzzle 6 | (Monty Hall problem)
- Puzzle | (4 Matchstick Problem)
- Puzzle | Strict Pill Schedule Problem
- Puzzle | Secret Mail Problem
- Puzzle | Water Jug Problem
- Puzzle | Chances Of Second boy Child Problem
- Puzzle | Data Recovery Problem
- Rat and Poisoned bottle Problem
- Puzzle | 8 balls problem
- Puzzle | ( Distance, Time and Work)
- Find time when hour and minute hands superimpose
- Puzzle | Best time to escape
- time.h localtime() function in C with Examples
- Puzzle | Minimum time required to make N Pancakes