A thief has just found a pair of ancient treasure caves.
- One of the caves is filled with unbelievable treasure and the other has a fire breathing monster that will eat anyone
who opens that cave.
- One cave has a black door decorated with diamonds and the other cave has a brown door decorated with sapphires.
- Each of the doors has an engraved description on top. The descriptions say:
Black Door: Monster is here.
Brown Door: Only One Door speaks the truth.
Which door should the thief open?
Let us look at the description on the Brown door. It can be correct or wrong.
- Scenario 1: The description on the Brown door is true. Then the description on the Black door has to be true. That means that the inscription on the Black door is false and the cave with black door contains the treasure!
- Scenario 2: The description on the Brown door is false. Then either both the descriptions are false or both are true. Both cannot be true as that is impossible and not consistent. That means that both descriptions are false. Again, the treasure is in the Black door.
- Puzzle 16 | (100 Doors)
- Puzzle-59 | Catch the Thief
- Puzzle | Three Thief crossing river
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle | The Pot of Beans
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.