Puzzle 1 : Square and Right angles
Can you make 2 squares and 4 right angled triangles using only 8 straight lines ?
Solution: This is the simple solution for the above problem. Here we use 8 straight lines to make 2 squares and 4 right angle triangles.
Puzzle 2 : Up the Ladder
Suppose you want to reach up a window 40 feet from the ground. The distance from the foot of the ladder to the wall is 9 feet. Then, according to you, how long should the ladder be ?
Solution: We can easily solve this problem by using Pythagoras theorem. Consider the length of the ladder be X,
x^2 = 40^2 + 9^2
x^2 = 1681
x = 41 feet
The ladder should be 41 feet long.
This article is contributed by Bishal Kumar Dubey. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
- Puzzle 2 | (Find ages of daughters)
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Puzzle 4 | (Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod?)
- Puzzle 13 | (100 Prisoners with Red/Black Hats)
- Puzzle 5 | (Finding the Injection for Anesthesia)
- Puzzle 6 | (Monty Hall problem)
- Puzzle 7 | (3 Bulbs and 3 Switches)
- Puzzle 8 | (Find the Jar with contaminated pills)
- Puzzle 9 | (Find the fastest 3 horses)
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 12 | (Maximize probability of White Ball)
- Puzzle 14 | (Strategy for a 2 Player Coin Game)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)