Ram and Shyam were selling chocolates. Ram was selling at the rate of 2 pieces/rupee and Shyam was selling at the rate of 3 pieces/rupee. Now both of them decided that they will mix their chocolates and sell them at the rate of 5 pieces for 2 rupees.
Now after selling whole chocolates, they found that the total collection is rupees 7 less than what they would get by selling them separately.
Note : Initially both have equal number of chocolates.
Q. Find how many chocolates each of them had initially?
Let x be the number of chocolates each of them had initially. Total money earned when they sell chocolates separately: x/2 + x/3.
Total money earned if they sell in a combined manner: (2*x)/(5/2)
According to the problem: x/2 + x/3 =(2*x)/(5/2) + 7
Solving the above equation, we get the value of x = 210.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Puzzle 22 | (Maximum Chocolates)
- Number of chocolates left after k iterations
- Minimum and maximum number of N chocolates after distribution among K students
- Maximum profit by buying and selling a share at most twice
- Maximum profit after buying and selling the stocks
- Find Selling Price from given Profit Percentage and Cost
- Maximum profit by buying and selling a share at most k times
- Calculate the loss incurred in selling the given items at discounted price
- Maximum profit by buying and selling a share at most K times | Greedy Approach
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Find cost price from given selling price and profit or loss percentage
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)