Ram and Shyam were selling chocolates. Ram was selling at the rate of 2 pieces/rupee and Shyam was selling at the rate of 3 pieces/rupee. Now both of them decided that they will mix their chocolates and sell them at the rate of 5 pieces for 2 rupees.
Now after selling whole chocolates, they found that the total collection is rupees 7 less than what they would get by selling them separately.
Note : Initially both have equal number of chocolates.
Q. Find how many chocolates each of them had initially?
Let x be the number of chocolates each of them had initially. Total money earned when they sell chocolates separately: x/2 + x/3.
Total money earned if they sell in a combined manner: (2*x)/(5/2)
According to the problem: x/2 + x/3 =(2*x)/(5/2) + 7
Solving the above equation, we get the value of x = 210.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Puzzle 22 | (Maximum Chocolates)
- Number of chocolates left after k iterations
- Minimum and maximum number of N chocolates after distribution among K students
- Maximize number of days for which P chocolates can be distributed consecutively to N people
- Maximum profit by buying and selling a share at most k times
- Maximum profit after buying and selling the stocks
- Find Selling Price from given Profit Percentage and Cost
- Find cost price from given selling price and profit or loss percentage
- Calculate the loss incurred in selling the given items at discounted price
- Maximum profit by buying and selling a share at most K times | Greedy Approach
- Maximum profit by buying and selling a share at most twice
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.