You have 4 bottles of milk. One of them is poisonous while the other 3 are non-poisonous. There is a rat which dies exactly after 10 hours of drinking the poisoned bottle. You have a clock that measures time only in hours. Suggest an optimal strategy to identify the poisoned bottle within 24 hours.
At the beginning of the first hour feed the rat the Ist bottle. At the start of 2nd-hour feed, the 2nd one and
similarly at the start of 3rd-hour feed, the 3rd bottle. If the rat dies after exactly 10 hrs, the first bottle
is poisonous. If it dies after 11 hours, 2nd one contains poison else the 3rd one is poisonous. In this way,
after exactly 12 hours you would be able to determine the poisonous bottle.
- Puzzle | 100 Cows And Milk
- Puzzle | 10 identical bottles of pills
- Puzzle 19 | (Poison and Rat)
- Puzzles | (Cryptanalysis, Bottles Problem, Dinner Time, Mystery)
- Rat and Poisoned bottle Problem
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.