Puzzle: There is a interview going on and Ram is selected for interview to 3 posts. The total number of candidates appearing for the first, second and the third posts are 3, 4 and 2 respectively. Find the probability of Ram getting at least one job.
Assume that the probabilities are independent of each other.
- Since we need to find the probability of Ram getting at least one job, let’s try to find the probability of Ram not getting any jobs.
- Probability of Ram getting rejected from the interview of the first post is 2/3.
- Probability of Ram getting rejected from the interview of the second post is 3/4.
- Probability of Ram getting rejected from the interview of the third post is 1/2.
- Thus the probability of Ram getting rejected from all of the posts = (2/3)*(3/4)*(1/2) = 6/24 = 1/4.
- Therefore the probability of Ram getting at least one offer = 1-(1/4) = 3/4.
- Puzzle | Probability of a Truck Passing
- Puzzle | Find The Probability of Distance in a Square
- Puzzle 12 | (Maximize probability of White Ball)
- Puzzle 5 | (Finding the Injection for Anesthesia)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)