There are 10 black socks and 10 white socks in a drawer. Socks of the same color are identical but not allowed to look into the drawer while taking out socks.
So, the task is to find the minimum number of socks to be drawn at random to be sure that he/she gets the pair of socks of the same color?
Case 1: Same sock color come out in 1st and 2nd attempt-
Number of removals = 2
Case 2: Different color of socks come out in first and second attempt-
In the third attempt, a black or a white sock come out, either way, a pair is completed.
So, the number of removals = 3
- Puzzle | Minimum colors required to color a chessboard with no two given pair threatening each other
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzles | (River Crossing, Starting Money, Earrings, Matching Pair)
- Maximum Bitwise AND pair (X, Y) from given range such that X and Y can be same
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.