There are 6 persons seating on a round table in which two individual have the same names. What is the probability that the two same-named individuals will be neighbors?
Solution(Method 1): Total no of ways in which 6 persons can sit on a round table is (6-1)! = 5! = 120.
If we consider two same-named individuals as one person there are 5 persons who can sit in (5-1)! ways and these individuals can be seated together in 2! ways.
So, required probability =(2*(5-1)!)/(6-1)!= 2/5.
So, the answer is 2/5 = 0.4.
Solution(Method 2): We fix one of the same name guy in any position. Now we are left with 5 places out of which 2 can be seated neighbor.
Therefore, the answer is 2/5 = 0.4.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Puzzle | (Round table coin game)
- Fill array with 1's using minimum iterations of filling neighbors
- LCM of factorial and its neighbors
- Seating arrangement of n boys and girls alternatively around a round table
- Seating arrangement of N boys sitting around a round table such that two particular boys sit together
- Puzzle | 3 cuts to cut round cake into 8 equal pieces
- Multiplication table till N rows where every Kth row is table of K upto Kth term
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
Improved By : kautilya