Puzzle: There are 3 jars, namely, A, B, C. All of them are mislabeled. Following are the labels of each of the jars:
- A: Candies
- B: Sweets
- C: Candies and Sweets (mixed in a random proportion)
You can put your hand in a jar and pick only one eatable at a time. Tell the minimum number of eatable(s) that has/have to be picked in order to label the jars correctly.
Assume that the shape of the candies and sweets are identical and there is no way to differentiate them by touching alone.
Answer: 1 pick of an eatable is required to correctly label the Jars.
- You have to pick only one eatable from jar C. Suppose the eatable is a candy, then the jar C contains candies only(because all the jars were mislabeled).
- Now, since the jar C has candies only, Jar B can contain sweets or mixture. But, jar B can contain only the mixture because its label reads “sweets” which is wrong.
- Therefore, Jar A contains sweets. Thus the correct labels are:
- A: Sweets.
- B: Candies and Sweets.
- C: Candies.
This article is contributed by Palak Jain. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
- Puzzle 2 | (Find ages of daughters)
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Puzzle 4 | (Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod?)
Improved By : Chinmoy Lenka