Puzzle: There are 3 jars, namely, A, B, C. All of them are mislabeled. Following are the labels of each of the jars:
- A: Candies
- B: Sweets
- C: Candies and Sweets (mixed in a random proportion)
You can put your hand in a jar and pick only one eatable at a time. Tell the minimum number of eatable(s) that has/have to be picked in order to label the jars correctly.
Assume that the shape of the candies and sweets are identical and there is no way to differentiate them by touching alone.
Answer: 1 pick of an eatable is required to correctly label the Jars.
- You have to pick only one eatable from jar C. Suppose the eatable is a candy, then the jar C contains candies only(because all the jars were mislabeled).
- Now, since the jar C has candies only, Jar B can contain sweets or mixture. But, jar B can contain only the mixture because its label reads “sweets” which is wrong.
- Therefore, Jar A contains sweets. Thus the correct labels are:
- A: Sweets.
- B: Candies and Sweets.
- C: Candies.
This article is contributed by Palak Jain. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
- Puzzle 2 | (Find ages of daughters)
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Puzzle 4 | (Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod?)
- Puzzle 13 | (100 Prisoners with Red/Black Hats)
- Puzzle 5 | (Finding the Injection for Anesthesia)
- Puzzle 6 | (Monty Hall problem)
- Puzzle 7 | (3 Bulbs and 3 Switches)
- Puzzle 8 | (Find the Jar with contaminated pills)
- Puzzle 9 | (Find the fastest 3 horses)
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 12 | (Maximize probability of White Ball)
- Puzzle 14 | (Strategy for a 2 Player Coin Game)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
Improved By : Chinmoy Lenka