A lizard is present on one corner of cube, It wants to reach diagonally opposite corner of cube. You have to calculate minimum distance lizard has to cover to reach its destination.
Note : Lizard can’t fly, it moves along the wall.
You are given a representing side of cube.you have to calculate minimum distance lizard has to travel.
Input : 5 Output :11.1803 Input :2 Output :4.47214
As we have to calculate the minimum distance from one corner to another diagonally opposite corner. if lizard able to fly then the shortest distance will be length of diagonal. But it can’t.
So, to calculate minimum distance, just open the cube, as describe in diagram.
Let us suppose, lizard is initially at point E.and it has to reach at point A(as A is diagonally opposite to E).Now we have to find AE.
Just use Pythagoras theorem, As
- Puzzle | ( Distance, Time and Work)
- Puzzle | Find The Probability of Distance in a Square
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Minimum distance to travel to cover all intervals
- Find maximum and minimum distance between magnets
- Minimum distance to the corner of a grid from source
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle | Minimum planes to go around the world
- Count paths with distance equal to Manhattan distance
- Puzzle | Minimum number steps to weigh 1 kg rice with 1gm weight
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Distance of chord from center when distance between center and another equal length chord is given
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.