Given a Circle and Six Straight Lines of length equal to the diameter of the circle. What is the maximum number of pieces that one can cut the circle using these six straight lines?
Using six lines, we can cut the circle into 22 pieces at maximum.
- Using one line, circle can be divided into two parts.
- Two lines divide the circle into four parts.
- Three lines divide the circle into seven unequal parts.
- Four lines cut the circle into eleven parts.
- Using five lines, circle can be divided into sixteen parts.
- Finally, using six lines the maximum parts that can be formed are 22.
- Puzzle | 3 cuts to cut round cake into 8 equal pieces
- Puzzle | Connect 9 circles each arranged at center of a Matrix using 3 straight lines
- Puzzle | Divide crescent moon into 6 parts in just two straight lines
- Puzzle | Place numbers 1 to 9 in a Circle such that sum of every triplet in straight line is 15
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle | Draw 4 straight line in 3*3 matrix (9 dots)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle | Cut Blue Painted Cube
- Puzzle | 10 Balls in 5 Lines
- Program to calculate area of inner circle which passes through center of outer circle and touches its circumference
- Equation of circle when three points on the circle are given
- Check if a circle lies inside another circle or not
- Find area of the larger circle when radius of the smaller circle and difference in the area is given
- Lucky alive person in a circle | Code Solution to sword puzzle
- Puzzle | The Circle of Lights
- The biggest possible circle that can be inscribed in a rectangle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.