A man fell in a 50m deep well. He climbs 4 meters up and slips 3 meters down in one day. How many days would it take for him to come out of the well?
- On the first day, the man climbs 4 meters up and slips 3 meters down, therefore he only climbs 1 meter up totally.
- On the second day, again he climbs 1 meter up, so the total distance climbed is 2 meters till the second day. Therefore, the man climbs 1 meter every day.
Now as per the above pattern, on the 46th day, he must have climbed 46 meters. So on the 47th day, he climbs full (46 + 4) 50 meters and after that, he will not slip as he is already out of the well so the answer is 47 days.
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle | (Who killed the man?, Bird and the Train, Move the arrows)
- Puzzle | Blind man and Pills
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.