Puzzle | Joint family of seven persons (L, M, N, O, P, Q, and R)
In a joint family of seven persons L, M, N, O, P, Q, and R, two are married couples. R is a housewife and her husband is a lawyer. N is the wife of M, L is an engineer and is the granddaughter of R, and O is the father-in-law of N, a doctor, and father of P, a professor. P and M are siblings of the same gender. Q is L’s brother and M’s son. How is L related to O and how many males are there in the family.
- The family consists of seven persons, namely L, M, N, O, P, Q, and R.
- Two married couples are there in the family.
- R is a housewife and her husband is a lawyer.
- The gender of R is female, and she is married to a lawyer. They both are a married couple.
- N is the wife of M. The gender of N is female and the gender of M is male.
- N and M are the second married couple.
- L is an engineer and is the granddaughter of R. The gender of L is female, and she is the granddaughter of R.
- Grandfather of L is a lawyer, and he is married to R.
- O is the father-in-law of N. The gender of O is male and N is the daughter-in-law of O. N is a doctor.
- O is the father of P and P is a professor. P and M are siblings.
- From this, we can infer that P and M are brothers.
- The father of P and M is O, and M is married to N.
- Q is L’s brother and M’s son. Q and L are siblings, and they are children of N and M.
- L is an engineer, and she is the granddaughter of R.
- It implies Q is the grandson of R, M is the son of R and R is married to O.
- The other married couple is O and R. Their children are M and P.
- M is married to N and their children are L and Q.
The family tree is shown in the below figure:
- L is the granddaughter of O and O is the grandfather of L.
- There are four males and three females in the family. They are as follows:
- O : Male
- P : Male
- M : Male
- Q : Male
- R : Female
- N : Female
- L : Female
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...