In a joint family of seven persons L, M, N, O, P, Q, and R, two are married couples. R is a housewife and her husband is a lawyer. N is the wife of M, L is an engineer and is the granddaughter of R, and O is the father-in-law of N, a doctor, and father of P, a professor. P and M are siblings of the same gender. Q is L’s brother and M’s son. How is L related to O and how many males are there in the family.
- The family consists of seven persons, namely L, M, N, O, P, Q, and R.
- Two married couples are there in the family.
- R is a housewife and her husband is a lawyer.
- The gender of R is female, and she is married to a lawyer. They both are a married couple.
- N is the wife of M. The gender of N is female and the gender of M is male.
- N and M are the second married couple.
- L is an engineer and is the granddaughter of R. The gender of L is female, and she is the granddaughter of R.
- Grandfather of L is a lawyer, and he is married to R.
- O is the father-in-law of N. The gender of O is male and N is the daughter-in-law of O. N is a doctor.
- O is the father of P and P is a professor. P and M are siblings.
- From this, we can infer that P and M are brothers.
- The father of P and M is O, and M is married to N.
- Q is L’s brother and M’s son. Q and L are siblings, and they are children of N and M.
- L is an engineer, and she is the granddaughter of R.
- It implies Q is the grandson of R, M is the son of R and R is married to O.
- The other married couple is O and R. Their children are M and P.
- M is married to N and their children are L and Q.
The family tree is shown in the below figure:
- L is the granddaughter of O and O is the grandfather of L.
- There are four males and three females in the family. They are as follows:
- O : Male
- P : Male
- M : Male
- Q : Male
- R : Female
- N : Female
- L : Female
- Puzzle | 1000 light bulbs switched on/off by 1000 persons passing by
- Puzzle | Can 2 persons be with same number of hairs on their heads?
- Minimum time required to complete a work by N persons together
- Minimum jumps required to make a group of persons sit together
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : surabhijain97g