A Japanese ship was sailing in the Pacific Ocean. Japanese captain of the ship decided to take a shower. He kept his diamond chain and golden watch in the table shelf and went for shower and returned in 10 minutes.
Now , when he returns he is shocked to see that neither his watch nor his chain is there.
Assuming that it is the mischief of one of his crew members, he called the crew in the ship and questions them, what were they were doing in last 10 minutes. There were four of them, and following was their response:
- Britisher (Cook) : “I was in the cold room to select the meat for the lunch.”
- Srilankan (Worker) : “I was at the top of the ship correcting the flag which was upside down.”
- Indian (Engineer): “I was in generator room checking the generator.”
- French (House keeping Crew): “I was sleeping after the night shift.”
- Puzzle | Chemical Mystery
- Puzzles | (Cryptanalysis, Bottles Problem, Dinner Time, Mystery)
- Puzzles | (Age, Time and Distance, Guess the Word, Mystery)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
After listening to all of them , the captain realises that one of them is telling a lie and must be the thief.
Can you guess who is the thief and why ???
After all the four crew members placed reasons in their defence, the captain realised that one of them has given a wrong reason, due to his lack of knowledge, and he was the Srilankan Worker.
The Srilankan worker had said that he was correcting the flag which was upside down, and since the Japanese flag consists of just a red coloured circle in the middle and the flag is the same when you look at it from any of the sides, so there is no way one can say that it was inverted, therefore, he was caught by the captain within no time.
This article is contributed by Mrigendra Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.