A Geek is about to get a plane to Hyderabad. Geek wants to know if it’s raining. Geek calls 3 random friends staying at Hyderabad to ask this question. Each friend has a 2/3 chance of telling the truth and 1/3 chance of lying. All the three friends gave the response as “Yes, it is Raining”.
Q. What is the probability that it’s actually raining in Hyderabad?
The Geek only requires one of the friends to be telling the truth.
The probability that at least one of them is telling the truth will be:
1 - (Probability that all of them Lied)
The probability that all of them lied is 1/27. i.e. 1/3 * 1/3 * 1/3
So, now the probability that at least one of them told the truth is: 1 – (1/27) = 26/27.
So, it is approximately 96% that it is raining in Hyderabad.
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
- Puzzle 2 | (Find ages of daughters)
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Puzzle 4 | (Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod?)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.