Puzzle: Ram used to arrive at the railway station every day at 6 pm from work. As soon as Ram arrived at the station, his wife Sita too arrives at the station by car to pick him up. Both drive back home. One day Ram arrived at the station one hour early and thought of taking a walk back to home. He started walking when after covering a specific distance, he meets with Sita. Both drive back home and this time they reached 30 minutes earlier than the usual time. How long has Ram been walking?
It is known that Sita drove every day at a uniform speed.
- Since they reached home 30 minutes earlier, Sita must have saved 15 minutes in each trip i.e., up and down trip, as the speed of the car was uniform.
- This means that had Sita drove for 15 more minutes, she would have met Ram at the station.
- As we know Ram arrived at the station at 5 that day, and they must meet at 6, it means that Sita meets Ram at 5:45.
- Therefore, Ram must have walked 45 minutes before meeting Sita.
- Puzzle 68 | Walking down the hill
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle | Is it Raining
- Puzzle | Bag of Coins
- Puzzle | Words without 'a'