There is man on the terrace of a building and he wants to find the height of the building. Man wears a watch only and does not have any instruments to measure anything. There are also some stones on the terrace.
How can he find the height of the building from terrace ?
Solution: The man can find height of building by using stone and watch. First, he will throw stone from terrace and note the time, the stone is taking to reach the ground.
Since, we have the time taken by stone to reach the ground, we can find the height of the building by the formula:
h = ut + 1/2gt^2
h = height
t = time (we calculated it already)
u = initial velocity(Initial velocity will be 0)
g = gravitational acceleration i.e. 9.8 m/s2
Assume the time taken by stone to reach ground is 20 sec. Man can find the height of the building by putting it in the formula:
h = u * t + 1/2 * g * t^2
= 0 * 20 + 1/2 * 9.8 * (20)^2
= 1960 meter
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
- Puzzle 2 | (Find ages of daughters)
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Puzzle 4 | (Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod?)
- Puzzle 13 | (100 Prisoners with Red/Black Hats)
- Puzzle 5 | (Finding the poisoned wine)
- Puzzle 6 | (Monty Hall problem)
- Puzzle 7 | (3 Bulbs and 3 Switches)
- Puzzle 8 | (Find the Jar with contaminated pills)
- Puzzle 9 | (Find the fastest 3 horses)
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 12 | (Maximize probability of White Ball)
- Puzzle 14 | (Strategy for a 2 Player Coin Game)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.