There are three boxes box1, box2 and box3 containing gold, silver and mixture of silver and gold respectively.
- Each of the three boxes contain a label on them describing the contents.
- Mr. Hurricane comes and mess up all labels. Now each box is labeled with the name which it exactly doesn’t contain.
You are given only one chance to open a box and you should guess all the remaining two box contents correctly. Which box will you choose to open keeping in mind that all the three boxes are labeled wrong?
(There is a chance of the mixed box having all the gold coins towards the bottom and silver filled on the top(or vice versa) to deceive that it is a silver box.
Choose the box labeled as mixed.
If the box labeled as mixed is chosen and opened, it can contain gold or silver, cannot contain both because the label written is exactly opposite. Say, If the box contains gold, then two boxes will now left to be guessed. Obviously the box labeled as silver contains mixed.
This article is contributed by Harika Mulumudi. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle 4 | (Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod?)
- Puzzle 20 | (5 Pirates and 100 Gold Coins)
- Optimal Strategy for a Game | Special Gold Coin
- Minimum number of cuts required to pay salary from N length Gold Bar
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle