Puzzle: A Geek asks a cashier to pay Rs 200 for a cool program written by him. He asks the cashier to pay only in the following way:
- Few 1 Rs Notes. Let x.
- Few 2 Rs Notes. Must ten times of 1 Rs Notes, i.e., 10x.
- Rest of the money as 5 Rs Notes(Minimum number Rs 5 notes should be used)
Solution: Let’s solve this in a stepwise manner:
The smallest amount of 1 Rs and 2 Rs notes the cashier may pay is 21 (1 one rupee note + 10 two rupees notes). So the cashier must pay in multiples of 21 to satisfy the first two conditions and also the amount must not exceed the total Rs. 200.
Multiples of 21 are:
21, 42, 63, 84, 105, 126, 147 and 189.
This Puzzle is contributed by Cassin Thangam. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle | Man fell in well Puzzle
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 17 | (Ratio of Boys and Girls in a Country where people want only boys)