Consider 9 circles each arranged at the center of cells of a 2-D matrix of shape 3*3. Draw 3 straight lines without removing pen from paper such that each of the 9 circles is in contact with at least one line.
A similar problem is present here Connect 9 dots using 4 lines.
The difference from above problem is that here there are 9 circles not 9 points. Also we can only draw 3 lines.
One such way of doing what is asked is:
The thing to notice is that since these are circles, not points, we can draw a line that is tangent to the circle. There is no need to pass the line through the center as the only contact with the circle is required.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Maximum points of intersections possible among X circles and Y straight lines
- Puzzle | Maximum pieces that can be cut from a Circle using 6 straight lines
- Puzzle | Divide crescent moon into 6 parts in just two straight lines
- Ratio of the distance between the centers of the circles and the point of intersection of two direct common tangents to the circles
- Ratio of the distance between the centers of the circles and the point of intersection of two transverse common tangents to the circles
- Distance of chord from center when distance between center and another equal length chord is given
- Count of different straight lines with total n points with m collinear
- Check if three straight lines are concurrent or not
- Check whether two straight lines are orthogonal or not
- Count of rectangles possible from N and M straight lines parallel to X and Y axis respectively
- Count straight lines intersecting at a given point
- Count squares possible from M and N straight lines parallel to X and Y axis respectively
- Non-crossing lines to connect points in a circle
- Puzzle | Draw 4 straight line in 3*3 matrix (9 dots)
- Puzzle | Place numbers 1 to 9 in a Circle such that sum of every triplet in straight line is 15
- Check if two given circles touch or intersect each other
- Length of rope tied around three equal circles touching each other
- Maximum height when coins are arranged in a triangle
- Puzzle | 10 Balls in 5 Lines
- Center element of matrix equals sums of half diagonals
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.