A road is divided into two ways of which one leads to City of truth and other leads to City of Lies. All the people of City of Truth always tell truth and all the people from City of Lies always lie. There are two people standing at the division one from City of Truth and other from City of Lies. You don’t know who belongs to which city. You can ask only one question from any of the two people standing there to determine which way leads to city of truth and which leads to city of lies.
Ask anyone, “Which city do you belong too?”.
In this case, the person belonging to City of Truth always tell the truth and will tell you the way to his city, while the person belonging to City of Lies will lie and point in the direction of City of Truth.
This article is contributed by Aditya Verma. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle | Truth and Lie
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)