We know that 0°C is the same as 32°F. It is also a known fact that 100°C equals 212°F. But there is a temperature that gives the same reading on both Centigrade and Fahrenheit scales. Can you calculate this temperature?
The formula which gives the relationship between Centigrade and Fahrenheit is:
F = 9/5*C + 32
To find the temperature which is same in both Centigrade and Fahrenheit scales. We have to find out the value of C or F by replacing C with F or F with C. By going through this idea we have a new equation from the above equation:
C = 9/5*C + 32
C – 9/5*C = 32
-4/5*C = 32
C = (-32*5)/4 = -40
F = 9/5*F + 32
F – 9/5*F = 32
-4/5*F = 32
F = (-32*5)/4 = -40
Now we can say that at -40 temperature both Centigrade and Fahrenheit scales are same.
This article is contributed by Bishal Kumar Dubey. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
- Puzzle 2 | (Find ages of daughters)
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Puzzle 4 | (Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod?)
- Puzzle 13 | (100 Prisoners with Red/Black Hats)
- Puzzle 5 | (Finding the poisoned wine)
- Puzzle 6 | (Monty Hall problem)
- Puzzle 7 | (3 Bulbs and 3 Switches)
- Puzzle 8 | (Find the Jar with contaminated pills)
- Puzzle 9 | (Find the fastest 3 horses)
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 12 | (Maximize probability of White Ball)
- Puzzle 14 | (Strategy for a 2 Player Coin Game)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)