Ishita has 10 bags full of coins. Each bag contains 1000 coins. But one bag is full of forgeries, and she just can’t recall which one. She does know that genuine coins weigh 1 gram, but forgeries weigh 1.1 grams. To hide the fact that she can’t recall which bag contains forgeries, she needs your help. How can she identify the bag with the forgeries with just one weighing?
It is known that there is only one bag with forgeries. To identify that bag, Ishita can follow a simple procedure. She should take out 1 coin from the 1st bag, 2 coins from the 2nd bag, 3 coins from the 3rd bag and similarly 10 coins from the 10th bag.
Now she should simply weigh all these picked coins together.
If there were no forgeries, then the total weight should be (1+2+3+ . . . +10) = 55 grams.
Now, if the total weight comes out to be 55.3 then she can conclude that the 3rd bag contain forgeries. So, if the total weight is (55.n), then it is clear that the nth bag contain forgeries.
- Puzzle | 3 Glass and 10 Coins
- Puzzle 20 | (5 Pirates and 100 Gold Coins)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle | Guess the total number of coins
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Chinmoy Lenka