You have five pieces of chain, each consisting of three links. You want to make one long chain of these five pieces. Breaking open a link costs 1 Rs, and welding an open link costs 3 Rs.
Is it possible to make one long chain of the five pieces, if you have just 15 Rs?
Let us name the chains as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 each having three links.
Take chain 1 and break open all three links: 1×3=3 Rs.
Take one open link to connect chain 2 and 3: 3 Rs.
Take another open link to connect chain 3 and 4: 3 Rs
Take third open link to connect chain 4 and 5: 3 Rs.
Now you have one long chain ready in only 12 Rs
This article is contributed by Shivam Gupta. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle | That's impossible
- Puzzle | Who was the murderer ?
- Puzzle | Is it Raining
- Puzzle | The neighbour
- Puzzle | The symbols