Fill in the matrix, in such a way that the sum of the numbers in each row (horizontally, vertically, and diagonally) is 264, even if you hold the matrix upside down. You are only allowed to use the digits 1, 6, 8, and 9, and each number may appear only once in the matrix.
Solution: The possible solutions are:
You can see that any two digit number formed by 1,6,8, and 9 , if inverted will also be a valid number. Now, the task becomes easy. Start by trying to form two digit numbers, and different sets by selecting any 4 numbers from them which sums to 264.
This puzzle is contributed by Praveer Satyam. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
- Puzzle 2 | (Find ages of daughters)
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Puzzle 4 | (Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod?)
- Puzzle 13 | (100 Prisoners with Red/Black Hats)
- Puzzle 5 | (Finding the poisoned wine)
- Puzzle 6 | (Monty Hall problem)
- Puzzle 7 | (3 Bulbs and 3 Switches)
- Puzzle 8 | (Find the Jar with contaminated pills)
- Puzzle 9 | (Find the fastest 3 horses)
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 12 | (Maximize probability of White Ball)
- Puzzle 14 | (Strategy for a 2 Player Coin Game)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)