Geeks are too good at solving logical problems. But, this time a Multiple Choice Question was put in front of them having only three options .
Q. There is only one correct answer to this question. Which answer is this?
A. Answer A
B. Answer A or B
C. Answer B or C
Geeks are stuck at this question. Help them out.
Solution : C
Explanation: If answer A would be correct, then answer B (“Answer A or B”) would also be correct. If answer B would be correct, then answer C (“Answer B or C”) would also be correct. This leads to the conclusion that if either answer A or answer B would be the correct answer, there are at least two correct answers. This contradicts with the statement “there is only one correct answer to this question”. If answer C would be correct, then there are no contradictions.
Therefore, the solution is answer C.
This puzzle is contributed by Praveer Satyam. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
- Puzzle 2 | (Find ages of daughters)
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)
- Puzzle 4 | (Pay an employee using a 7 units gold rod?)
- Puzzle 13 | (100 Prisoners with Red/Black Hats)
- Puzzle 5 | (Finding the Injection for Anesthesia)
- Puzzle 6 | (Monty Hall problem)
- Puzzle 7 | (3 Bulbs and 3 Switches)
- Puzzle 8 | (Find the Jar with contaminated pills)
- Puzzle 9 | (Find the fastest 3 horses)
- Puzzle 10 | (A Man with Medical Condition and 2 Pills)
- Puzzle 11 | (1000 Coins and 10 Bags)
- Puzzle 12 | (Maximize probability of White Ball)
- Puzzle 14 | (Strategy for a 2 Player Coin Game)
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)