Priyanka visited a famous monument called “holyghar” located near Himalayas. It was a round structure consisting of 100 steps in spiral stairway to reach top. From top you can have overview of natural beauty surrounding that place. Priyanka thought of reaching the top. She also carried a lot of chocolates with her for kids. In the process of climbing up, with each step a chocolate falls from her bag. When she reaches top, she donates half of the chocolates left with her to small kids. Again, in the process of climbing down a chocolate falls down with each step.
She repeats the same process at five holyghars and now she is left with no chocolates. Can you find out the total number of chocolates she had with her initially?
Solution: 9300 chocolates
Explanation: Let us begin from the end. We have fifth holyghar to consider first.
- Priyanka climbed down hundred steps so after donating she must be left with 100 chocolates. Now she donates half of total chocolates so before donating she must be having 200 chocolates.
- Now she loses 100 chocolates while climbing up so in total she must be having 300 chocolates before climbing fifth holyghar.
- Now the same procedure is followed for fourth holyghar. So before climbing fourth she must be having (300+100)*2+100 chocolates which amounts to 900.
- Before climbing third, she must be having (900+100)*2+100 which amounts to 2100. Now before climbing second she must be having 4500 chocolates.
- At last , before climbing first she must be having 9300 chocolates. So initially she had in total 9300 chocolates.
This puzzle is contributed by Ankur Chaudhary. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle | Man fell in well Puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)
- Puzzle 2 | (Find ages of daughters)
- Puzzle 3 | (Calculate total distance travelled by bee)