In year 2001 on October 2, 2001, the date in MMDDYYYY format was a palindrome (same forwards as backwards), 10/02/2001 -> “10022001”
When was the last palindrome date before 10/02/2001?
One year can have only one palindrome as the year fixes the month and date too, so the year has to be less than 2001 since we already have the palindrome for 10/02. It can’t be any year in 1900 because that would result in a day of 91, same for 1800 down to 1400. it could be a year in 1300 because that would be the 31st day.
So what’s the latest year in 1300 that would make a month?
When you first look at it, 12th month comes to mind as we have to find the latest date, so it seems it would be 1321. But we have to keep in mind that we want the maximum year in 1300 century with a valid date, so lets think about 1390 that will give the date as 09/31, is this a valid date…? No, because September has only 30 days, so last will be the 31st August. Which means the correct date would be 08/31/1380.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle | Find the last ball to remain after the entire process
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 38 | (Tic Tac Toe Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Program to find the last two digits of x^y
- Find last two remaining elements after removing median of any 3 consecutive elements repeatedly
- Puzzle 1 | (How to Measure 45 minutes using two identical wires?)