There are 1000 wine bottles. One of the bottles contains poisoned wine. A rat dies after one hour of drinking the poisoned wine. How many minimum rats are needed to figure out which bottle contains poison in hour.
We need to figure out in hour. We need 10 rats to figure out the poisoned bottle. The result is based on binary number system. We get 10 using ⌈ Log21000 ⌉.
The idea is to number bottles from 1 to 1000 and write their corresponding binary numbers on the bottle. Each rat is assigned a position in the binary numbers written on bottles. Let us take an example. Rat 1 represents first bit in every bottle, rat 2 represents second bit and so on. If rat numbers 5, 7 and 9 die, then bottle number 42 (Binary 0000101010) is poisoned.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Puzzle 51| Cheryl’s Birthday Puzzle and Solution
- Puzzle 81 | 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle
- Puzzle | 3 Priests and 3 devils Puzzle
- Puzzle 34 | (Prisoner and Policeman Puzzle)
- Puzzle 85 | Chain Link Puzzle
- Puzzle 15 | (Camel and Banana Puzzle)
- Puzzle 28 | (Newspaper Puzzle)
- Puzzle 33 | ( Rs 500 Note Puzzle )
- Puzzle 24 | (10 Coins Puzzle)
- Puzzle | Elevator Puzzle
- Puzzle 27 | (Hourglasses Puzzle)
- Puzzle 39 | (100 coins puzzle)
- Puzzle 36 | (Matchstick Puzzle)
- Puzzle 31 | (Minimum cut Puzzle)
- Puzzle 29 | (Car Wheel Puzzle)