Pulse Animation View in Android
In this article, we are going to see the Pulse Animation feature. This feature can be used if we are downloading something from the server. Then till the time, it is downloading we can add this feature. A sample GIF is given below to get an idea about what we are going to do in this article. Note that we are going to implement this project using the Java language.
Step by Step Implementation
Step 1: Create a New Project
To create a new project in Android Studio please refer to How to Create/Start a New Project in Android Studio. Note that select Java as the programming language.
Step 2: Add dependency
Navigate to the Gradle Scripts > build.gradle(Module:app) and add the below dependency in the dependencies section.
Step 3: Working with the activity_main.xml file
These are the following properties for changing layout parameter
- pulse_count: Represents the Number of pulse circles
- pulse_duration: Represents the Duration in milliseconds of single pulse
- pulse_repeat: Represents the Number of pulse repeats. Zero means INFINITE
- pulse_color: Represents the ARGB pulse colors
- pulse_startFromScratch: Set to true if the animation should start from the beginning
- pulse_interpolator: Set interpolator type used for animation. Accepted values are “Linear“, “Accelerate“, “Decelerate“, “AccelerateDecelerate“
Navigate to the app > res > layout > activity_main.xml and add the below code to that file. Below is the code for the activity_main.xml file.
Step 4: Working with the MainActivity.java file
Go to the MainActivity.java file and refer to the following code. Below is the code for the MainActivity.java file. Comments are added inside the code to understand the code in more detail.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.