In today’s generation, communication and sharing information are the key to success. Here, the network means the interconnection of two or more computers. This networking is very beneficial in many fields like exchanging information, sharing resources such as printers and scanners, sharing software, etc. Security means protection, safety, measures taken to be safe from harm caused by others. Network security is similar. Network security means some measures taken to protect computer networking from unauthorized access and risks.
Some protection methods are used to reduce security issues.
- Authentication :
Authentication is the process of recognizing or identifying a user’s identity whether it is true, real, or not. It’s simply a verification of claim whether you are who you say you are or not. There are many authentication methods available nowadays like password authentication that includes using a password, physical authentication that includes the scannable card or smart card or digital certificate, biometric authentication that includes signatures and fingerprints, or visual identification, and many more.
- Authorization :
Authorization means to ensure whether you have permission to access on network or not. It’s simply a verification of permission either user has access or not. Some authorization methods are ACLs (Access Control Lists), Secure objects and methods, Access control for URL’s, etc.
- Biometric System :
A Biometric system is one of the most secure systems as it provides high security to the computer network. This system verifies the user’s identity based on some important characteristics that are physiological and behavioral features. Physiological features include face, eyes, fingerprints, hand. Behavioral features include voice, signature, etc.
- Firewall :
A firewall is a method of network security that prevents the computer network from users that are not authorized to have access to a network. Firewalls can either be hardware or software or both. It acts as a barrier between unauthorized Internet users and private computer networks connected to the Internet. It blocks the message, viruses, hackers if they do not have authorized access and do not meet the security criteria as per requirement. Any message entering or leaving private computer networks connected to the Internet especially Intranet pass through the firewall. Firewall than checks each message and block if found unauthorized. There are several types of firewall techniques:
- Packet Filter
- Application-level gateway
- Circuit-level gateway
- Stateful inspection firewall
- Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW)
- Proxy server
- Difference between Information Security and Network Security
- Difference between Network Security and Cyber Security
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) Protection Methods and Bypasses
- Network Security
- A Model for Network Security
- Cryptography and Network Security Principles
- Difference between Security Group and Network ACL in AWS
- Port Security in Computer Network
- Voice Biometric Technique in Network Security
- Difference between Cyber Security and Information Security
- Protection of Servers
- Basic Network Attacks in Computer Network
- Differences between Wireless Adhoc Network and Wireless Sensor Network
- Difference between Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Security of RSA
- Need Of Information Security
- IP security (IPSec)
- Data Security
- System Security
- Is SSL enough for Cloud Security?