PromptCloud Technologies Internship Interview Experience
PromptCloud Technologies is a Data-as-a-Service solution.
150+ students applied for internships. 33 students were shortlisted for the first round based on CGPA criteria(8.0). Luckily my CGPA was 9.23.
Round 1: Due to COVID-19 this round was held on HackerRank portal.
- This round consists of 20 MCQ’s and 2 programming questions.
- We needed to complete this round within 3 hours, and it was video proctored.
- 20 questions on HTML, Linux OS, Data Structures and algorithms, and Shell scripting.
- Negative marking was there for each question.
- Most of the questions were from DSA, and Shell scripting.
- So I have answered around 16 questions with confidence and 2 questions with confusion.
- Don’t remember question, but it was time constraint problem where we need to optimize the solution. It was asked from Mathematics topic.
- Don’t remember question, but it was asked on Trees concept.
I have successfully written the code for first question and couldn’t write for second question.
After one week I got email that I have selected for second round and also key topics were sent to prepare for the interview.
Round 2: 1-hour (conducted on Google Meet)
- Started exactly at 4.00 PM as schedule.
- All the questions were asked from the Resume that I have given to them.
- What are OOPs?
- What are differences between OOPs and structural programming?
- What is Polymorphism?
- What is Abstraction?
- What is Method Overloading and Method overriding?
- Few questions on My project.
Tip: Try to explain each topic with real-world examples without hesitation.
I have answered all the questions within 20 minutes. After that programming questions were asked.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-the-missing-number/ Answered this question.
- Occurrence of repeated numbers in an array. I have given the solution, but it was not optimal. So interviewer asked to optimize the solution in O(N). But unfortunately, I was unable to answer in O(N).
- Finding Max Element in an array on its right-hand side. (Leader element). https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/contest/interview-series-flipkart/problems/
I have answered the question, but it was in O(N^2) time complexity, so interviewer asked me to optimize and gave hints, but I was having a bad day and I couldn’t do it. Finally, it was 5.00 PM and interviewer asked me if I had any queries. I asked him how was my performance. He said you need to work on optimization of problem as anyone can give worst case solution to the problem.
- My suggestion is learn programming along with optimized solutions.
- Also, don’t get nervous whether it may be your first interview or last interview.
- Prepare well on your resume.