Project Organization is actually a structure that simply facilitates and motivates coordination and implementation of activities of the project.
Their main purpose is to simply create an environment that encourages development of interactions between team members with very less amount of disruptions, overlaps, and conflicts. The most important decision of a project management team is form of organization structure that will be required and essential for the project. The organization should evolve with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and life-cycle concerns.
Line-Of-Business Organizations :
Below is a diagram is given that shows roles and responsibilities of a default line-of-business organization. Line business organizations need to support projects with infrastructure that are necessary and essential to make use of a common process. Line of business simply a general term that describes and explains products and services simply offered by a business or manufacturer. Software lines of the business are generally motivated and supported by Return of Investment (ROI), new business discriminators, market diversification, and profitability.
Responsibility of organization :
- They are generally responsible for definition of process even maintenance of project process.
- They are also responsible for process automation. This is an organizational role and it is equally important to that of role of definition of process.
- The responsibility of organization’s role or role of process automation is taken and achieved by a single individual or various other teams.
Various authorities of Organization :
- Software Engineering Process Authority (SEPA) –
It is team that is responsible for exchanging information and guidance of project both to and from project practitioners. The project practitioners simply perform work and are usually responsible for one or more process activities. SEPA is a very important and essential role or responsibility in any of organizations.
- Project Review Authority (PRA) –
Project review is simply a scheduled status meeting that is taken on a regular basis. It includes project progress, issues, and risks. It is responsible for project review. The PRA generally reviews both conformance to contractual obligations and organizational policy obligations of project.
- Software Engineering Environment Authority (SEEA) –
SEEA is a very important role and is very much needed to achieve an ROI for a common process. It is simply responsible for supporting and managing a standard environment. Due to this, different tools, techniques, and training can be effectively amortized across all types of projects.
- Infrastructure –
Organizational infrastructure generally consists of systems, protocols, and various processes that provide structure to an organization, support human resources, supports organization in carrying out its vision, mission, goals, and values. It can range from trivial to largely entrenched bureaucracies. Various components of organizational infrastructure are Project administration, Engineering skill centers, and professional development.
Below diagram given that shows roles and responsibilities of a default project organization. Project organizations generally need to allocate artifacts and responsibilities across project team simply to ensure and confirm a balance of global (architecture) and local (component) concerns.
Teams of Organization :
- Project Management Team –
It is an active and highly enthusiastic participant. They are responsible for producing, developing, and managing project.
- Architecture Team –
They are generally responsible for real artifacts and even for integration of components. They also find out risks of product misalignment with requirements of stakeholders and simply ensure that solution fits defined purpose.
- Development Team –
They are responsible for all work that is necessary to produce working and validated assets.
- Assessment Team –
They are responsible for assessing quality of deliverables.
- Software Engineering | Project size estimation techniques
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Complexities
- Software Engineering | Project Management Process
- Software Engineering | Role and Responsibilities of a software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management (SPM)
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Plan (SPMP)
- Software Engineering | Responsibilities of Software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Project Planning
- Project Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT)
- Life Cycle Phases of Project Management
- Version Control in Project
- Practices to follow while writing the SRS for a project
- Process Workflows in Software Project Management
- Types of Feasibility Study in Software Project Development
- Milestones and Deliverable in Project Planning Activities
- Difference between Project and Product
- Difference between Program and Project
- Types of Resources Used in Project Development
- Short note on Project Scheduling
- Difference between Program, Project and Product