In this, we will cover the overview of the project management system, its functionalities, components, and will also cover the functionalities of project work system design. Let’s discuss it one by one.
The Project Management System defined as the system where it states a project work system and project control system. Project management may now be defined because of the process of achieving project objectives through the normal organizational structure and over the specialties of the individuals concerned. Project management is dealt with a specific end objective to get the result, or it can be goal-oriented. In order to complete a task, a project manager must have the following key parameters. These are the following component given below which helps in the overall decision-making.
- Set Objectives
- Established Plans
- Organize resources
- Set up controls
- Issue directives
- Motive personnel
- Apply innovation for alternative actions
- Remain flexible
Functions of Project Management :
- The main function of project management that states functions a project manager is going to be required to perform.
- It has been recognized that teamwork is the key-point for the successful implementation of a project.
- Active participation by each member of the project team is essential for the success of the project.
- To enable this, the development of systems and procedures is necessary.
- A project system is the total picture of various elements involved in the implementation of a project and is aimed at coordinating the role and work of the various elements concerned in the project.
Components of the project management system :
Here, we will see to the project management system which includes the following components as follows. These two components can very well be explained through the following figure as follows.
- Project Work System –
In this, you will see the overview of the project work system. It is a system-modeling, through which a set of inter-related elements are created so that they can regulate and control themselves without external intervention.
Contract systems, design systems, project organization starts with the development of a work breakdown structure. There is a technique that breaks down work into its components and simultaneously establishing connections between components online. To co-ordinate all subsystems and to ensure project management a project control system is also required.
- Project Control System –
In this, you will see the overview of the Project Control System. It is an analytical procedure and data collecting system which is used to acknowledged and constructively defined the time, cost, and outcome of the project which also helps in decision-making as well. The project control system also helps to face external and internal disorders.
Project Work System Design :
In this, you will see the functionalities while designing the project work system. Let’s discuss it in detail.
- It allows cross-functional teams to redesign the work process in an environment characterized by both new and entrenched legacy information systems, multiple stake-holders, a fast-changing technology regulatory and competitive environment. Early experience with design and tools to support such activities, while promising, raised a number of issues.
- In the course of analyzing a problem domain, design teams and their facilitators would generate enormous amounts of information, usually in the form of marked-up eased sheets, containing sessions, brainstorm activities, planning, goal-oriented activities, etc.
- In many cases, neither the paper-based nor computer methods recorded the rationale behind design or modeling decisions, so that only the memories of model builders or design team members were resources for the later call of the rationale.
- This proved to be a critical limitation. As the work redesigns were presented to multiple stakeholders at different points of the project life cycle, project team members were hard-pressed to recall and articulate all the dependencies and rationale for the design.