Project Idea | Webents
In the world of ever-enhancing technology, it has become possible to learn anything from the comfort of one’s home. A college student receives hundreds of messages about workshops, webinars, etc. daily. Yet when it comes to finding the right learning resources at the right time, people can not help but feel overwhelmed.
The main idea of Webents is to provide information about webinars, events, and workshops to students, professionals, and learners in one place. This way, a person can just identify the right learning resources based on their interest and hobbies.
Features and Design: Webents focuses both on the organizers and the attendee. The landing page will consist of an option for sign-up. Sign-up can either be done as an organiser or as an attendee. Once the person is registered, the following set of features are available:
- They can list their webinar, event, workshop details that can be provided to the attendees.
- They can decide whether they want an audience from their institute or not.
- A payment gateway if the events are paid.
- They can choose their interests based on which, a wide variety of events are displayed.
- They get to set the location filter as well, in case the events are not remote.
- Regular updates based on their choices will be provided.
Tools and Technology:
- HTML5: HTML5 is a markup language used for structuring and presenting content on the World Wide Web.
- CSS3: Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a style sheet language used for describing the look and formatting of a document written in a markup language.CSS3 is the latest standard of CSS.
- PHP: PHP is a server scripting language and a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages.
- MySql: MySQL is an open-source relational database management system (RDBMS). It is very fast, reliable, and easy to use.
Future Prospects: The aim of Webents is not only to a particular college but to extend it to other organization as well. For the funding, we plan on organizing campus ambassador programs, funding through ads, etc.
- Nityaa Kalra
- Mrinal Jai
- Tanu Sundesha
- Akshay Chaudhary