The biggest problem that students face when they join big corporates is difficulty in writing high quality code that these corporates demand. The prime reason for this difficulty is because their minds have been trained in college to just make things work somehow, even if it means using dirty hacks. To help coders in general and fellow college students in particular, building a tool which can run static code checks on a given code can help improve the quality of code to a great extend.
Static code checker can check and warn the programmer about best practices, possible mistakes, loopholes without even executing the code. For example.
- Memory leaks
- Unused variables
- Undeclared variables
- Array’s bound checks
- Dead code
There are lots of best practices which should be followed in language like C++ to ensure that written code is of high quality. More research can be done about what are the various best practices, loopholes, obvious errors which the project can take into consideration.
Static code checker could be written as a plugin to any existing IDE like Eclipse/Codeblocks (recommended) or it can be in the form of any website where you paste your code and run static code checks.
About the author:
“Harshit is a technology enthusiast and has keen interest in programming. He holds a B.Tech. degree in Computer Science from JIIT, Noida and currently works as Front-end Developer at SAP. He is also a state level table tennis player. Apart from this he likes to unwind by watching movies and English sitcoms. He is based out of Delhi and you can reach out to him at https://in.linkedin.com/pub/harshit-jain/2a/129/bb5
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- Project Idea (Augmented Reality - QR Code Scanner)
- Project Idea (Augmented Reality - ARuco Code Detection and Estimation)
- Amazon product availability checker using Python
- Project Idea | (A.T.L.A.S: App Time Limit Alerting System)
- Project Idea | (Remote Lab Assistance)
- Project Idea | (Model based Image Compression of Medical Images)
- Project Idea | (Personalized real-time update system)
- Project Idea | ( Character Recognition from Image )
- Project Idea | (CSE Webnode)
- Project Idea | (Optimization of Object-Based Image Analysis with Super-Pixel for Land Cover Mapping)
- Project Idea | (Online Course Registration)
- Project Idea | (Trip Planner)
- Project Idea | (Online UML Designing Tool)
- Project Idea | (Detection of Malicious Network activity)
- Project Idea | (Games using Hand Gestures)
- Project Idea | (Dynamic Hand Gesture Recognition using neural network)
- Project Idea | ( Client Master)
- Project Idea | (Universal Database Viewer)
- Project Idea| (Magical Hangouts: An Android Messaging App)