Project Title: SenseWater
Introduction: In everyday life, there must be some physical elements that need to be controlled in order for them to perform their expected behaviours. A control system, therefore, can be defined as a device, or a set of devices, that manages commands, directs or regulates the behaviour of other device or system. Consequently, automatic controlling involves designing a control system to function with minimal or no human interference. Intelligent systems are being used in a wide range of fields including from medical sciences to financial sciences, education, law, and so on.
The drinking water crisis in India is reaching alarming proportions. It might very soon attain the nature of the global crisis. Hence, it is of utmost importance to preserve water for human beings. In many houses, there is unnecessary wastage of water due to overflow in overhead tanks. Automatic Water Level Indicator and Controller can provide a solution to this problem. The operation of the water level controller works upon the fact that water conducts electricity due to the presence of minerals within it. So water can be used to open or close a circuit. As the water level rises or falls, different circuits in the controller send different signals.
- To develop the water level control system, to control the water level in the tank.
- To check the level of water in the tank, depending on the water level switches the motor on when the water level goes below a predetermined level or switches the motor off when the tank full.
- To display the water level and other important data on an LCD.
- To monitor the level of water in the sump tank (source tank). If the level inside the sump tank is low, the motor will not be switched on, and a beep sound is generated.
- Blynk Platform which provides a digital dashboard where graphics interface is built.
- Arduino Uno R3.
- Ultrasonic Sensor for measuring the flow of water.
- Atmega 328p Chip.
- LCD display 16 x 2 for monitoring the water level in the tank.
- Buzzer for alarm purpose.
- Relay Sensor for automatic ON/OFF purpose.
- Programming languages: Java.
- Arduino IDE: To program Arduino.
- Blynk: Platform with iOS and Android apps to control Arduino, Raspberry Pi and the likes over the Internet. It’s a digital dashboard where you can build a graphic interface for your project by simply dragging and dropping widgets.
- Nodemcu: NodeMcu is an open-source firmware and development kit that helps you to prototype your IOT product within a few Lua script lines or C code(using Arduino IDE).
WHY USE SenseWater?
- Saves Power :- By using our project, we can save power. I can be used in places where there is a problem of Load Shedding. As it is automatically controlled, it limits the amount of electricity. As today energy conservation is the utmost need, using one of these devices is useful.
- Saves Money : Now, as we know that automatic water level controller conserves power, it saves money as well. Water regulation is optimized using this device that means wastes electricity and wasted water is kept at a minimum. This saves a huge amount of money along with manpower.
- Works Automatically: The most utmost advantage of water level controller I that it can work on its own. It is because of relay and timer switches that there is no need to operate them manually. This means that a lot of human work is reduced.
- Maximizes Water: Additionally, water usage can be maximized with a water level controller. Often, water pumps get more use during the middle of the day. A water level controller is helpful because it automatically provides more water during the middle of the day and less water at night. As a result, water remains at its appropriate level at all times.
- Automatic Water level Controller can be used in Hotels, Factories, Homes Apartments, Commercial Complexes, Drainage, etc.
- Automatic water level controller will automatically START the pump set as soon as the water level falls below the predetermined level (usually 1/2 tank) and shall SWITCH OFF the pump set as soon as the tank is full.
- It can be used to predict flood.
- A liquid level indicator in the huge containers in the companies.
- Low costs and Low Power Consumption.
- Fuel level indicator in vehicles.
This project has achieved the main objectives. Moreover, this project involved designing and development of automatic water level control system had exposed to the better way of software and hardware architecture that blends together for the interfacing purposes. The system employs the use of advanced sensing technology to detect the water level.
- This system is very beneficial in rural as well as urban areas.
- It helps in the efficient utilization of available water sources.
- If used on a large scale, it cto provide a major contribution in the conservation of water for us and the future generations.
SenseWater has a good scope in future, especially for the agriculture sector. There are many areas where we need a water level controller. It could be agricultural fields, overhead tanks. We can make this project wireless by using NRF transmitter and receiver. We can also add Ethernet shield so that we can get all the information using mobile phones and control it accordingly.
GitHub Repository Link: https://github.com/Prayashverma007/SenseWater
Youtube Demo Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwhArKsd7TU
Save Water! Save Life!
TEAM MEMBERS :
- Gaurav Arora
(College of Technology, Pantnagar)
Note: This project idea is contributed for ProGeek Cup 2.0- A project competition by GeeksforGeeks.
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- Project Idea | Get Me Through
- Project Idea | God's Eye
- Project Idea | Know More
- Project Idea | Assist Bot
- Project Idea | Third -Eye : Aid for Blind
- Project Idea | safeT
- Project Idea | Social-Cop
- Project Idea | (CAPTURED)
- Project Idea | MediTrack
- Project Idea | APTrack
- Project Idea | Jal Sanrakshan
- Project Idea | Re-Medi
- Project Idea | Knowledge Value
- Project Idea | (LinkBook)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.