Project Name – noteSort
Project Description – An app that will classify the images of handwritten class notes according to different subjects so that they are convenient to manage and read.
One real problem for the people who go by their own ambitions in institutions is having to plead, or possibly threaten, others to give them class notes. Even after getting the notes, having to manage, organize, and making sense of them a day before the exams is quite a pain.
Using OCR and machine learning, noteSort will allow one get a “table of contents” for the notes so that it becomes like a book and is convenient to go through. Suggested (online) reading material will also be referenced based on the classification.
The user can choose to click images from the app or use previously clicked ones.
React-Native for building the app, python as the back-end, myScriptJS for client side OCR, tesseract-ocr and openCV for server-side OCR, and scikit for the ML stuff.
Data Structures and Algorithms
tesseract-ocr’s and myScriptJS’ engine for OCR and bag-of-words or KNN, whichever performs better, for classification.
It can be implemented without much headache for high school level but more training data and a better researched machine learning model will be needed for supporting university level; which will happen in due time. However math extraction through OCR is still something that is not satisfactory, so it won’t be supported.
Based on noteSort’s core functionality, a full fledged platform can be built for sharing of class notes where students can upload whatever they think is important and it automatically categories itself.
This can be also be incorporated in GeeksforGeeks. GFG, as of now, only caters to programming and computers in general and a typical student finds about it in college; usually when they are a sophomore/junior in college. But if noteSort is integrated with GFG, students will get a chance to know about GFG early. Not only will this give students access to GFG’s quality content early, it will also make school students’ transition to GFG easy. This has a great potential to solve the teaching problem that India has.
1. Archit Mathur
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- Handwritten Equation Solver in Python
- Project Idea | (A.T.L.A.S: App Time Limit Alerting System)
- Project Idea | (A Game of Anagrams )
- Project Idea | (Remote Lab Assistance)
- Project Idea | (Model based Image Compression of Medical Images)
- Project Idea | (Personalized real-time update system)
- Project Idea | ( Character Recognition from Image )
- Project Idea | (Static Code Checker for C++)
- Project Idea | (CSE Webnode)
- Project Idea | (Optimization of Object-Based Image Analysis with Super-Pixel for Land Cover Mapping)
- Project Idea | (Online Course Registration)
- Project Idea | (Trip Planner)
- Project Idea | (Online UML Designing Tool)
- Project Idea | (Detection of Malicious Network activity)
- Project Idea | (Games using Hand Gestures)
- Project Idea | (Dynamic Hand Gesture Recognition using neural network)
- Project Idea | ( Client Master)
- Project Idea | (Universal Database Viewer)
- Project Idea| (Magical Hangouts: An Android Messaging App)