Project Title: Instant Notification Tool [WebApp] for indicating low fuel levels
Introduction: A vast majority of cars owners/drivers don’t keep extra petrol/diesel for emergency use when the cars run out of fuel. They have to keep an eye on the fuel meter(which in case of some old models doesn’t provide a proper indication as well) and then refuel the car at the nearby fuel station. Our tool makes the job of the user much simpler and fluid.
- Web Browser
- Internet Connection
Flow [how it works]:
- User opens a web browser on his mobile device.
- User visits our WebApp URL.
- User clicks on ‘Allow’ Push Notifications.
- User views the current fuel level. (in % )
- As soon as the level reaches (25%) the touchpoint, the user receives a push notification via the web browser. All the stuff is locally hosted.
Utility: We send push notifications to the user’s mobile device as soon as the fuel levels are below a certain limit(which can be decided by the user) and are default set to 25%. Users can also view their fuel levels by clicking on the ‘Show Fuel Level’ button on our WebApp. Also, users’ can view all nearby fuel stations by clicking on ‘Click to Find Gas Stations near You’.
Why we couldn’t implement push notifications as of now?
Notifications service has been withdrawn from the HTTP server in all modern browsers(very recently); only servers with https certification allow notification access. Unfortunately, our ESP8266 is hosting the webpage locally and can only have a self-signed certificate which is again blocked in all modern web browsers thus having only HTTP server in hand. What we can do is have a third party notification sender like Telegram or IFTTT, in which each user has to have an account in the said services, get auth token and use it in the NodeMCU device to have the utility of Notification services.
YouTube Video Link: https://youtu.be/e9E7FsmEafI
College: Kalyani Government Engineering College
Note: This project idea is contributed for ProGeek Cup 2.0- A project competition by GeeksforGeeks.
- Project Idea | Bus Notification System Using Crowdsourcing
- Project Idea | (Online UML Designing Tool)
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- Project Idea | Get Me Through
- Project Idea | Know More
- Project Idea | God's Eye
- Project Idea | MediTrack
- Project Idea | (CAPTURED)
- Project Idea | Payto
- Project Idea | Knowledge Value
- Project Idea | (LinkBook)
- Project Idea | Third -Eye : Aid for Blind
- Project Idea | Properkodo
- Project Idea | Recurse and C
- Project Idea | JamFree
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.