Project Title: Ghar Ke Chefs
Introduction: Our Android application, GharKeChefs, is a platform that lets you buy or sell your home-made cooked food items among people living near you by forming communities on the app. It is an easy to use app, where you sign up via your email/google/facebook account, join an existing community or create your own community where each community has a unique key or ID using which others may join, and then you can upload your own dishes for sale among people in your group or look at the already up dishes and decide which one you would like to buy.
- App runs its database and authentication on Google’s Firebase Real-time Database, Firebase Authentication and Cloud Storage.
- Tools used: Android Studio, Git, Language- Java for Android
- Implements a recommendation system based on machine learning algorithms.
- Makes use of several data structures in its codes such as Stacks, Array lists, Arrays etc.
- Strictly follows Material Design guidelines.
- Other important APIs include Recombee (Recommendation API), REST API, Facebook API, Glide.
Highlights and Applications:
- Access from anywhere, anytime.
- Home made food made easily available.
- Easy way to earn the extra profit, especially for housewives fond of cooking.
- A networking medium with interesting options to like/comment on dishes you’ve tried or rating the chefs for their work.
- User friendly app that provides features like personalised recommendations, keeps track of your purchases and deliveries separately, options to sort, filter or search dishes based on your convenience, within the app messaging and calling, easy cancellation of orders, within the app invite feature to add more people to your community, option to save your uploaded dishes to drafts for quick future uploads etc.
YOUTUBE LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zrRm6ai0ZM
This project idea is contributed by Ananya Gupta(Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal) and Sahil Garg(Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal)
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- Project Idea | (A.T.L.A.S: App Time Limit Alerting System)
- Project Idea | (Remote Lab Assistance)
- Project Idea | (Model based Image Compression of Medical Images)
- Project Idea | (Personalized real-time update system)
- Project Idea | ( Character Recognition from Image )
- Project Idea | (Static Code Checker for C++)
- Project Idea | (CSE Webnode)
- Project Idea | (Optimization of Object-Based Image Analysis with Super-Pixel for Land Cover Mapping)
- Project Idea | (Online Course Registration)
- Project Idea | (Trip Planner)
- Project Idea | (Online UML Designing Tool)
- Project Idea | (Detection of Malicious Network activity)
- Project Idea | (Games using Hand Gestures)
- Project Idea | (Dynamic Hand Gesture Recognition using neural network)
- Project Idea | ( Client Master)
- Project Idea | (Universal Database Viewer)
- Project Idea| (Magical Hangouts: An Android Messaging App)
- Project Idea | ( True Random Number Generator)
- Project Idea | (Ca-solutions)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.