Project Title: Cat vs Dog Image Classifier
This project aims to classify the input image as either a dog or a cat image. The image input which you give to the system will be analyzed and the predicted result will be given as output. Machine learning algorithm [Convolutional Neural Networks] is used to classify the image.
The model thus implemented can be extended to a mobile device or any website as per the developer’s need.
You can get the complete code for the project here .
The project is entirely implemented using Python3. The Conceptual Framework involved is mainly:
To understand the flow of work, please see the attached image below or click here .
Step 1 : Getting the Dataset
The dataset is available here .
Step 2: Installing Required Packages [Python 3.6]
1. OpenCV —> ‘3.4.0’ [ Used to handle image operations like reading the image, resizing, reshaping]
2. numpy —> ‘1.14.4’ [ Image that is read will be stored in an numpy array ]
3. TensorFlow —> ‘1.8.0’ [ Tensorflow is the backend for Keras ]
4. Keras —> ‘2.1.6’ [ Keras is used to implement the CNN ]
Step 3: How the Model Works ??
The dataset contains a lot of images of cats and dogs. Our aim is to make the model learn the distinguishing features between the cat and dog. Once the model has learned, i.e once the model got trained, it will be able to classify the input image as either cat or a dog.
Data structures and Algorithms used in project
Github Link: https://github.com/Yatheen07/cat-dog-image-classifier
This project gives a general idea of how image classification can be done efficiently. The scope of the project can be extended to the various industries where there is a huge scope for automation, by just altering the dataset which is relevant to the problem.
- Image Classifier using CNN
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- ML | Training Image Classifier using Tensorflow Object Detection API
- Project Idea | (Model based Image Compression of Medical Images)
- Project Idea | ( Character Recognition from Image )
- Project Idea | (Optimization of Object-Based Image Analysis with Super-Pixel for Land Cover Mapping)
- Project Idea | (Games using Hand Gestures)
- Project Idea | (Dynamic Hand Gesture Recognition using neural network)
- Project Idea | Motion detection using Background Subtraction Techniques
- Project Idea | Personality Analysis using hashtags from tweets
- Project Idea | Airport Security Using Beacon
- Project Idea | Analysis of Emergency 911 calls using Association Rule Mining
- Project Idea | Attendance System Using Smart Card
- Project Idea | Website Generator using Facebook/Instagram Page
- Project Idea | Bus Notification System Using Crowdsourcing
- Project Idea | Pavement distress detection using Drone Imaging
- Project Idea | (A.T.L.A.S: App Time Limit Alerting System)
- Project Idea | (Remote Lab Assistance)
- Project Idea | (Personalized real-time update system)
- Project Idea | (Static Code Checker for C++)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.