Project Title: CamCaliber
Camera calibration is an important task in computer vision applications. In a video surveillance system with a single static camera, object tracking results of moving objects can be effectively used for camera calibration. Although Cam-calibration from object tracking has been studied for years, it is still facing many challenges. The performance of cam-calibration is highly dependent on the accuracy of extracted head and foot locations, which is related to the robustness of the segmentation and tracking approach. Therefore, we have tried to use a robust object segmentation and tracking system to achieve accurate head/foot localization. They are extracted based on the tracking result and segmented foreground blob of each object.
We propose a method to design a system in such a way that it can optimize tracking results using deep learning techniques i.e. convolutional neural network (CNN) which is a fast object detection method.
In order to achieve our project, we use a sequence of positive images and negative images of an object to be detected and find the result efficiently. We implement this using TensorFlow library in Python language. This system can be implemented using sensors to work upon tracking objects remotely, for example, self-driving cars, moreover, thief catching, Driver assistance etc. With this, it is done efficiently and is shown in snapshots below.
The Objective is to design a robust and efficient system to solve object tracking issues in the field of video surveillance as well as real-time video analysis.
The recent studies show that in video surveillance there are challenging issues for tracking objects like camera rotation, false localization etc. Let’s say in a Live match, an object is to be tracked i.e. a ball so, during the live match, a camera holder wouldn’t be able to track when hit strongly. Hence, the camera is made in such a way that it will capture itself and show the resulting ball by ball. The real-time cost will be less and efficient.
- Sensors (Send data privately to the Cloud storage)
- HQ Camera
- Python 3.4+
- OpenCV (Open Source Computer Vision Library)
For this, we have used deep learning techniques to model this using CNN(Convolutional Neural Network) with TensorFlow library.
In future, although we can implement in many video surveillance application, it can also be implemented in various platforms of detecting and tracking objects like Car racing, Motor Bike racing, Live matches like Cricket, Football to assist the players, viewers during the matches.
In addition, we can also implement this anywhere to track any kind of objects and using sensors, we can get information privately from the cloud and make the result remotely.
GitHub Code Repository Link: https://github.com/shaanhk/CamCaliber
- Afzal Ansari
Note: This project idea is contributed for ProGeek Cup 2.0- A project competition by GeeksforGeeks.
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- Project Idea | (A.T.L.A.S: App Time Limit Alerting System)
- Project Idea | (A Game of Anagrams )
- Project Idea | (Remote Lab Assistance)
- Project Idea | (Model based Image Compression of Medical Images)
- Project Idea | (Personalized real-time update system)
- Project Idea | ( Character Recognition from Image )
- Project Idea | (Static Code Checker for C++)
- Project Idea | (CSE Webnode)
- Project Idea | (Optimization of Object-Based Image Analysis with Super-Pixel for Land Cover Mapping)
- Project Idea | (Online Course Registration)
- Project Idea | (Trip Planner)
- Project Idea | (Online UML Designing Tool)
- Project Idea | (Detection of Malicious Network activity)
- Project Idea | (Games using Hand Gestures)
- Project Idea | (Dynamic Hand Gesture Recognition using neural network)
- Project Idea | ( Client Master)
- Project Idea | (Universal Database Viewer)
- Project Idea| (Magical Hangouts: An Android Messaging App)
- Project Idea | ( True Random Number Generator)