Understandably, we get a little impatient when we do not know how much time a process is going to take, for example, a for loop or a file downloading or an application starting up.
To distract us from that we were given the libraries tqdm and progressbar in Python language which allows us to give a visual illustration of the process completion time using a progress bar. Loading bars are often seen on game screens as the resources required for the game to run are being acquired to the main memory.
What It Does
What It Does
It wraps an iterable with the
tqdm to decorate it with the methods built-in with tqdm and make a loading bar. This will take the users’ mind off of how long the process is taking to complete.
How To Use
All we need to do is, install the
tqdm package by typing this line in your terminal and start writing the code.
->pip install tqdm
And type this code in your editor.
This gives a very fast loading bar because there’s nothing in the loop., you can replace the pass keyword with whatever work you want to do in the for loop.
How To Install
How To Install
For command-line interface
pip install progressbar (or) pip install progressbar2
It does everything the same as
tqdm package, that is it decorates the iterable with the built-in widgets to make an animated progress bar or even a colorful one. Widgets are objects which display depending on the progress bar.
However, the progress bar and the progress bar 2 packages have a lot of extra, useful methods than the tqdm package. For example, we can make an animated loading bar.
progressbar.AnimatedMarker(), we can pass any sequence of characters to animate. The default arguments are
Here’s another example using some of the commonly used widgets of the ProgressBar class.
- Create Error Bars in Plotly - Python
- Python | Progress Bar widget in kivy
- Python | How to make a terminal progress bar using tqdm
- Python PyQt5 - Hiding the Progress Bar ?
- Python - Create progress bar using tqdm module
- PyQt5 QProgressBar – How to create progress bar ?
- PyQt5 | How to set value of Progress Bar ?
- PyQt5 | How to set percentage indicator in middle of Progress Bar ?
- PyQt5 | Vertical Progress Bar
- PyQt5 - How to set text to progress bar ?
- PyQt5 | How to display decimal values in Progress Bar ?
- PyQt5 - How to get percentage of Progress Bar ?
- PyQt5 - How to get value of Progress Bar ?
- PyQt5 - How to set the maximum value of progress bar ?
- PyQt5 - How to set minimum value of progress bar ?
- PyQt5 - minimum() method for Progress Bar
- PyQt5 - maximum() method for Progress Bar
- PyQt5 - format() method for Progress bar
- PyQt5 - resetFormat() method for Progress Bar
- PyQt5 - setInvertedAppearance() method for Progress Bar
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Akanksha_Rai