Given the length of edges of an irregular tetrahedron. The task is to determine the volume of that tetrahedron.
Let Edge length of pyramids be u, U, v, V, w, W.
Input: u = 1000, v = 1000, w = 1000, U = 3, V = 4, W = 5 Output: 1999.9947 Input: u = 2000, v = 2000, w = 2000, U = 3, V = 4, W = 5 Output: 3999.9858
Formula to calculate Volume of an irregular Tetrahedron in terms of its edge lengths is:
Volume = sqrt(A/288) =
sqrt(4*u*u*v*v*w*w – u*u*(v*v + w*w – U*U)^2 – v*v(w*w + u*u – V*V)^2 – w*w(u*u + v*v – W*W)^2 + (u*u + v*v – W*W) * (w*w + u*u – V*V) * (v*v + w*w – U*U)) / 12
Below is the implementation of above approach:
- Program to calculate area and volume of a Tetrahedron
- Program to find the Volume of a Triangular Prism
- Program to find the Area and Volume of Icosahedron
- Program to find volume and surface area of pentagonal prism
- Python Program for Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
- Java Program for Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
- Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
- Program for volume of Pyramid
- Program to calculate volume of Ellipsoid
- Program to calculate volume of Octahedron
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cube
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cuboid
- Program to calculate Volume and Surface area of Hemisphere
- Program for Volume and Surface area of Frustum of Cone
- Find maximum volume of a cuboid from the given perimeter and area
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.