The value of any article or item subject to wear and tear, decreases with time. This decrease is called its Depreciation. Given three variable V1, R and T where V1 is the initial value, R is the rate of depreciation and T is the time in years. The task is to find the value of the item after T years.
Input: V1 = 200, R = 10, T = 2
Input: V1 = 560, R = 5, T = 3
Approach: As in Compound Interest, interest is regularly added to the principal at the end of the agreed intervals of time to generate a new and fresh principal. Similarly, Depreciated value is the decreased value from the amount at the end of agreed intervals of time to generate a new Value.
Thus if V1 is the value at a certain time and R% per annum is the rate (the rate can not be more than 100%) of depreciation per year, then the value V2 at the end of T years is:
Below is the implementation of the above approach :
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Program to find value of 1^k + 2^k + 3^k + ... + n^k
- Program to find sum of 1 + x/2! + x^2/3! +...+x^n/(n+1)!
- Program to find greater value between a^n and b^n
- Program to find the value of sin(nΘ)
- Program to find the value of tan(nΘ)
- Program to find Sum of the series 1*3 + 3*5 + ....
- Program to find LCM of 2 numbers without using GCD
- Program to find the sum of the series (1/a + 2/a^2 + 3/a^3 + ... + n/a^n)
- Program to find sum of series 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 + . . . + n
- Program to find the sum of a Series 1 + 1/2^2 + 1/3^3 + …..+ 1/n^n
- Program to find sum of series 1*2*3 + 2*3*4+ 3*4*5 + . . . + n*(n+1)*(n+2)
- Program to find the sum of a Series (1*1) + (2*2) + (3*3) + (4*4) + (5*5) + ... + (n*n)
- Program to find sum of the given sequence
- Program to find the sum of the series 1 + x + x^2+ x^3+ .. + x^n
- Program to find HCF iteratively