Given the radius of the semicircle as r, the task is to find out the Area and Perimeter of that semicircle.
Input: r = 10 Output: Area = 157.00, Perimeter = 31.4 Input: r = 25 Output: Area =981.250000, Perimeter = 78.500000
In mathematics, a semicircle is a one-dimensional locus of points that forms half of a circle. The area of a semicircle is half the area of the circle from which it is made. Any diameter of a circle cuts it into two equal semicircles.
Area of Semi-Circle = 1⁄2 * π *r2
Perimeter of Semi-Circle = π *r
where “r” is the radius of the semicircle.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
The Area of Semicircle: 157.000000 The Perimeter of Semicircle: 31.400000
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Area of a circle inscribed in a rectangle which is inscribed in a semicircle
- Area of largest Circle that can be inscribed in a SemiCircle
- Area of largest semicircle that can be drawn inside a square
- Program for Area And Perimeter Of Rectangle
- Program to calculate area and perimeter of Trapezium
- Program to calculate area and perimeter of equilateral triangle
- Program to calculate area and perimeter of a rhombus whose diagonals are given
- Program to calculate the Area and Perimeter of Incircle of an Equilateral Triangle
- Find maximum volume of a cuboid from the given perimeter and area
- Perimeter and Area of Varignon's Parallelogram
- Area of a Square | Using Side, Diagonal and Perimeter
- Maximum area of rectangle possible with given perimeter
- Program to find Perimeter / Circumference of Square and Rectangle
- Maximize a value for a semicircle of given radius
- Largest rectangle that can be inscribed in a semicircle
- Largest triangle that can be inscribed in a semicircle
- Largest square that can be inscribed in a semicircle
- Largest trapezoid that can be inscribed in a semicircle
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle inscirbed within a square inscribed in a semicircle
- Largest ellipse that can be inscribed within a rectangle which in turn is inscribed within a semicircle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.