Given three integers a, b and n, the task is to find out greater value between an and bn.
Input: a = 3, b = 4, n = 5
Output: b^n is greater than a^n
Value of an is 243 and the value of bn is 1024.
So, bn is greater than an.
Input: a = -3, b = 2, n = 4
Output: a^n is greater than b^n
Value of an is 243 and the value of bn is 16.
So, an is greater than bn.
Basic Approach: For every value of a, b and n, calculate the values of an and bn. Then compare the result obtained and display the according to output.
The problem with this approach arises when there are large values of a, b and n. For large values of a, n, calculating an can exceed the limit of integer which will cause integer overflow.
Better approach is to check the value of n.
- If n is even then calculate the absolute value of a and b.
- If n is odd then take the given value as it is.
- Now check if a is equal to b. If yes, print 0.
- If a is greater than b, print 1.
- Otherwise, print 2.
b^n is greater than a^n
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Smallest subarray of size greater than K with sum greater than a given value
- Count numbers with difference between number and its digit sum greater than specific value
- Find minimum value to assign all array elements so that array product becomes greater
- Count number of substrings with numeric value greater than X
- Minimum value to be assigned to the elements so that sum becomes greater than initial sum
- Length of Smallest subarray in range 1 to N with sum greater than a given value
- Minimum value of K such that sum of cubes of first K natural number is greater than equal to N
- Least root of given quadratic equation for value greater than equal to K
- Find the maximum possible value of the minimum value of modified array
- Queries to find the maximum Xor value between X and the nodes of a given level of a perfect binary tree
- Longest subarray in which absolute difference between any two element is not greater than X
- Split Array into min number of subsets with difference between each pair greater than 1
- Program to Find the value of cos(nΘ)
- Program to find the value of tan(nΘ)
- Program to find the value of sin(nΘ)
- Program to find the Depreciation of Value
- Program to find value of 1^k + 2^k + 3^k + ... + n^k
- Program to find absolute value of a given number
- Count ways to divide C in two parts and add to A and B to make A strictly greater than B
- Highest and Smallest power of K less than and greater than equal to N respectively